Coronavirus Advice for Contractors
We're on hand to help you through the challenging times ahead
In this unprecedented situation where we are all finding new ways of working, we've put in place some resources that will help. We can confirm that:
- The Outsource UK team is working as normal: our Contractor Care team is happy to support you
- Our Finance team is processing your information as normal; payments are on schedule
- Off-payrolling working (IR35) legislation has been delayed to April 2021. We are speaking with all clients now regarding their plans
- Contract resource is still very much in demand
- Remote and flexible working is now the new arrangement for most workers.
We know that some of you may be finding things difficult. The Government has confirmed support for businesses and the self-employed.
NB: there are several online scams operating at the moment, purporting to be from HMRC. HMRC will not credit a bank or credit card with any monies, these emails are not from them. If in any doubt, call your accountant/tax adviser and HMRC on 0800 0159 559.
We have produced:
You can also read more here regarding the:
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (Furlough)
- Self-Employed Income Support Scheme
- Business that can defer paying VAT
- Statutory Sick Pay (SSP)
- Annual leave arrangements
- Changes to Right to Work and DBS checks to speed up recruiting.
In terms of finding you your next role, the team is updating our vacancies all the time so check in on the website for the latest roles.
We're here to support you every step of the way to your new job. If you need specific support and advice, especially around interviewing, do get in touch.
Taking care of your business
Here are some tips we have collated to support you at this difficult time:
- Video interviewing guidance
- Preparing for competency-based interview questions
- Building business resilience in a pandemic
- Some help from REC & Marsh Commercial (previously Jelf) on planning, response and recovery for your business during this pandemic
- Sustaining purpose, performance and wellbeing at this time, with REC and MH+A (podcast)
And taking care of you is also important
Keep making sure you and your household are following the latest Government guidance, and keep talking to people you trust. It's an anxious time for everyone.