For an accessible version of this page, click HERE.
COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
Visit our page here. We will update as we learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine and Down syndrome.
Visit our Educational Resources page for tips, ideas, and fact sheets to support your students here.
- The Down Syndrome Medical Interest Group has released new guidance on the continued usage of masks for individuals with Down syndrome.
The CDC has released information on choosing a mask to protect against COVID-19. Click here to learn how you can keep your family safe.
- We have developed a COVID-19 one pager with helpful information about the virus and tips for staying healthy
- NDSS has produced a COVID-19 and flu factsheet to keep you and your family healthy during flu season and the pandemic
- View NDSS COVID-19 Employment Tips here
- Support self-advocate small businesses here
- Please visit this CDC page for additional information on COVID-19
- View the Portuguese COVID-19 fact sheet here
- Visit the LuMind IDSC COVID-19 and Down Syndrome page
- COVID-19 and Down syndrome Podcast: What you need to know from pediatrician, Dr. Abbie Smith
- Read Kayla’s blog post on Coronavirus: from a self-advocate perspective
- NDSS Joins National Consortium to Create Important COVID-19 & Down Syndrome Resource Press Release
- HHS Coronavirus Resources for Individuals with Autism and other Disabilities
- View the guidance to States/Health Care Providers On Avoiding Disability-Based Discrimination in Accessing COVID19 Treatment
- In case you need to go to the hospital for COVID-19 related symptoms, fill out this form for physicians to help provide you with proper medical treatment (please note: this form is New York State specific, but can be a useful guide if you are in another state).
- OCR Issues Bulletin on Civil Rights Laws and HIPAA Flexibilities That Apply During the COVID-19 Emergency
- Special Olympics has launched School of Strength to help keep you active during quarantine
- Tips for how to help when your loved one with Down syndrome is grieving
- Learn more about COVID-19 Recovery Rebates with the Arc’s helpful fact sheet. Available in English and Spanish
- Our partners at GiGi’s Playhouse NYC are offering FREE virtual programming!
- The Dancing Without Limits team is hosting free virtual dance classes each Saturday from 2PM EDT to 3PM EDT
- Massachusetts General Hospital’s recommendations for re-entering the community
- The Trisomy 21 Research Society, along with many international Down syndrome orgs, have created a survey for caregivers / family members to complete so that we can learn more about how COVID-19 affects people with Down syndrome.If you care for a person with Down syndrome who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has symptoms, we invite you to complete this voluntary survey. The survey data is anonymous.
- Complete the T21RS survey if you care for a person with Down syndrome who is affected with COVID-19
- View the COVID-19 and Down syndrome T21RS Survey Results
- The Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), in coordination with NIH and Operation Warp Speed, has launched a central web portal called Combat COVID (https://combatcovid.hhs.gov/)
- *NEW* Pandemic Hotline for people with IDD, Caregivers
This page was last updated: July 28, 2021