For an accessible version of this page, click HERE.
NDSS has produced a COVID-19 and flu factsheet to keep you and your family healthy during flu season and the pandemic.
A message from NDSS about COVID-19:
NDSS believes that health is the most critical human right. The NDSS Team has been monitoring current events surrounding COVID-19. The health and safety of our community is a top priority. We have developed a COVID-19 one pager with helpful information about the virus and tips for staying healthy:
As the leading human rights organization for all individuals with Down syndrome, NDSS will continue to work with disability advocate groups to protect the civil rights for those with Down syndrome and other disabilities. Please let us know if you or someone you know with Down syndrome or other disabilities has faced discrimination due to scarce COVID-19 resources.
NDSS Joins National Consortium to Create Important COVID-19 & Down Syndrome Resource
COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
Visit our page here. We will update as we learn more about the COVID19 vaccine and Down syndrome.
Visit our Educational Resources page for tips, ideas, and fact sheets to support your students here.
- Planning for the holiday season? Learn more here
- Support self-advocate small businesses here
- Please visit this CDC page for additional information on COVID-19
- The Autism Little Learners COVID-19 page has social stories to explain the pandemic, masks, social distancing and more
- View the Portuguese COVID-19 fact sheet here
- Visit the LuMind IDSC COVID-19 and Down Syndrome page
- COVID-19 and Down syndrome Podcast: What you need to know from pediatrician, Dr. Abbie Smith
- Read Kayla’s blog post on Coronavirus: from a self-advocate perspective
- NDSS Joins National Consortium to Create Important COVID-19 & Down Syndrome Resource Press Release
- HHS Coronavirus Resources for Individuals with Autism and other Disabilities
- Activity: COVID-19 Time Capsule worksheets
- View the guidance to States/Health Care Providers On Avoiding Disability-Based Discrimination in Accessing COVID19 Treatment
- In case you need to go to the hospital for COVID-19 related symptoms, fill out this form for physicians to help provide you with proper medical treatment (please note: this form is New York State specific, but can be a useful guide if you are in another state).
- OCR Issues Bulletin on Civil Rights Laws and HIPAA Flexibilities That Apply During the COVID-19 Emergency
- Special Olympics has launched School of Strength to help keep you active during quarantine
- Tips for how to help when your loved one with Down syndrome is grieving
- Learn more about COVID-19 Recovery Rebates with the Arc’s helpful fact sheet. Available in English and Spanish
- Our partners at GiGi’s Playhouse NYC are offering FREE virtual programming!
- The Dancing Without Limits team is hosting free virtual dance classes each Saturday from 2PM EDT to 3PM EDT
- A video detailing social distancing through song
- Massachusetts General Hospital’s recommendations for re-entering the community
- The Trisomy 21 Research Society, along with many international Down syndrome orgs, have created a survey for caregivers / family members to complete so that we can learn more about how COVID-19 affects people with Down syndrome.If you care for a person with Down syndrome who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has symptoms, we invite you to complete this voluntary survey. The survey data is anonymous.
- Complete the T21RS survey if you care for a person with Down syndrome who is affected with COVID-19
- View the COVID-19 and Down syndrome T21RS Survey Results
- The Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), in coordination with NIH and Operation Warp Speed, has launched a central web portal called Combat COVID (https://combatcovid.hhs.gov/)
- *NEW* Pandemic Hotline for people with IDD, Caregivers
This page was last updated: December 4, 2020