Due to the current circumstances, we are sometimes unable to complete collection rounds. If this affects you, there is no need to let us know. Please leave your bins out and we will return to collect them as soon as possible.
Garden waste collection
We are receiving reports from our garden waste sites (brown bin) that items we do not accept are arrivng the sites. These items include plastic bottles, black bin bags and other items.
These items cannot be composted and any pollution affects the whole process. Very often, our collection crews are unable to spot the pollution when emptying the bins. We kindly ask everyone who has paid, and is using the garden waste service to do so in the correct way. We know that most residents are already doing this, but pollution in just one bin can affect an entire load.
Five Recycling Centres are open. You MUST BOOK A SLOT at the recycling centre beforehand. More information
Ordering a new or replacement bin
We can now accept requests for new bins / boxes, but it may take longer than usual for you to receive the items. Due to the current situation we ask you to only order new equipment if necessary.
If you need more food bags you can leave a note with your bins on your collection day, and food bags will be left for you.
Bulky waste collections
The bulky waste collection service is currently not available.
Safeguarding frontline staff
Please help keep our staff safe by:
- Keeping a social distance between yourselves and our crews
- Not putting tissue paper in the recycling cart's top box
- Making sure that everything in the recycling cart's middle box is clean and correct (no dirty items . no bags or plastic packaging)
- Only putting glass in the recycling cart's bottom box (cans should be placed in the middle box with your plastics and cartons)
- If possible, clean your bin / trolley handles before collection.
- Placing your residuary waste into black bags before putting them in your green bin, no loose waste.
- If anyone in your home is self-isolating because they have developed symptoms of the virus, don't put your recycling cart out for 14 days. When the 14 days have lapsed, and no one is showing symptoms any more, put your cleaned recycling cart out on your next collection day, and we will collect any additional items correctly separated into plastic boxes of a similar size.