In line with Government guidelines, BALTIC, Six Restaurant and BALTIC Shop will be closed from Thursday 5 November.
We plan to re-open on 6 January 2021 but this will be reliant on Gateshead moving out of Tier 3, as it currently is. As always we will keep this page updated and we really look forward to welcoming you back when we can.
BALTIC online shop remains open at www.baltic.art/shop
Visit our virtual 3D Exhibition Tours and other virtual spaces at Virtual BALTIC
We are so happy and grateful to have welcomed all that have been able to visit since we re-opened on 10 August. We have opened two new exhibitions in the last few months and had visits from some of you to our Learning Lounge, Sensory Room and Front Room. It has been wonderful hearing how much you have enjoyed visiting, how safe and welcomed you felt and how important BALTIC is to you. We will see you soon. Safe safe and well. ❤️
We wanted to share a small sample of some of your recent comments.
- "Safe and interesting visit. A lot of effort has gone into your covid mitigations and it was wonderful to do something as normal as visit an art gallery."
- "Really enjoyed the visit and the staff were fab!"
- "Baltic has always felt like a refuge for me, a safe space. And so it was on my visit today. Thank you so much."
- "I felt very safe & was impressed by the safety measures & the staff."
- "BALTIC is one of my favourite things about living in the North East. All of the staff were wonderful and I loved the exhibitions. I can't wait to be able to go with my friends again. Thank you."